The Federal Government has said that there is no going back on the January 18 resumption date for schools across the country.
Last week, the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, announced that the government was reviewing the January 18 date due to the increasing numbers of confirmed COVID19 cases in the country.
However, a statement released by Ben Bem Goong, the spokesperson of the Ministry today January 14, says the Minister after reaching a consensus with Governors, Commissioners, and other stakeholders in the education sector agreed that it was okay that the schools should be re-opened.
Goong said schools are expected to comply with COVID-19 protocols, especially strict adherence to non-pharmaceutical procedures liked wearing of face masks, social distancing and others.
Read the statement below